1. Basement Floor: We expanded the Cafeteria, added a commercial kitchen , and add a gym.
2. Computer Lab & Network : A new network infrastructure was put in place, including top-of-the-line wiring and switches. Every classroom is now equipped with 2 port Ethernet outlets, which has drastically improved internet speed and reliability throughout the building. A new 15-station computer lab is also up and running and available for student use.
3. Tuition & Scholarship Policy : to ensure fairness and transparency, UAP has a new Tuition and Scholarship Policy and about 47 students applied for scholarship through TADS for the school year of 2016-2017.
4. Accreditation: Many thanks to Principal Ibrahim, faculty and staff, parents, community members, and students who helped make this dream a reality. Following an extensive evaluation, UAP received dual accreditation from AdvancED and Council of Islamic Schools in North America (CISNA)!
5. Addition of 2 new classrooms: A large unused space on the 2nd floor converted to two new classrooms, providing the school with much-needed room for growth.
Heating and Cooling: UAP is working on upgrading the furnaces and the air conditioning units. Units are outdated and in need of replacement.
Safety & Security (in progress): To improve school safety and security, a new security alarm system was installed. Members of the board have also met with local police & fire departments to establish positive relationships and conduct an overall review of policies and processes in partnership with the Department of Home Land Security.
Marketing Plan (in progress): To increase school enrollment and secure the future of UAP, the board has made it a priority create and implement an effective marketing strategy.
Strategic Plan (in progress): A group of stakeholders, including the principal, board members, teachers, parents, and community members, met in January to conduct a thorough SWAT analysis and create a strategic improvement plan.